While traditional braces or other types of braces like ceramic braces offer great results, a system of brackets and wires may not be the best orthodontic solution for you. As such, Dr. Lee, your premier Concoird orthodontist is proud to provide Invisalign as an alternative form of treatment.
accurately plan your treatment using the associated software.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a great choice for our patients who are searching for a more discreet orthodontic treatment option. Rather than using metal brackets and wires like traditional braces, the Invisalign system uses a series of custom-made, computer-generated plastic aligners to straighten your smile. Each set of aligners is designed to make small changes to the alignment of the teeth. As you switch sets of aligners about every two weeks, your teeth will be gradually, gently guided to their proper positions. You will also visit our office on a regular basis during treatment to make certain that your smile is progressing as planned.
In general, Invisalign can be used to treat the same orthodontic issues that are normally treated with braces. Our orthodontist may recommend Invisalign to correct:
- Crowded teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Gapped and spaced teeth
- Certain problems with the bite, such as an overbite, open bite, underbite, or crossbite
BENEFITS OF Invisalign
In addition to the great smiles that Invisalign provides, some of the benefits of this type of orthodontic treatment include:
- Aesthetic Elevation—Invisalign aligners are made from a clear material, making them virtually invisible and undetectable.
- Superior Comfort—Invisalign aligners are custom-made to fit your smile and do not utilize any metal, wires, or brackets that can irritate the mouth.
- Easy Removability—Invisalign aligners need to be changed regularly, so they are not attached to your teeth. You need to wear them for approximately 22 hours a day; however, you can take them out to brush and floss your teeth, eat and drink, and for special social occasions or photos.
- Proven results: SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features are clinically proven to improve control of tooth movement with Invisalign clear aligners
- Effective: Invisalign clear aligners can treat a wide range of teeth-straightening conditions, including crossbites, crowding, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Convenient: Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule, since you only need to visit our office every six-twelve weeks.
- Less Emergencies: Since there is no metal or sharp wires or brackets, there is less emergency visits with Invisalign aligners.
The Invisalign Process
Complimentary initial consultation
Invisalign is not intended for children and is not appropriate for every adult. Only an orthodontist can determine if this treatment is an effective option for you. To see if Invisalign can help you achieve the smile you’ve always wante, your first step is to visit our Concord office and be evaluated by Dr. Lee.
Custom Treatment Plan
Then we will map out a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth and how long your treatment will be. You’ll even get to see how your teeth will move and preview your new smile.
Although the technology involved in Invisalign treatment is highly sophisticated, actual success is dependent upon the orthodontist’s clinical understanding. Due to differences in mechanical properties of Invisalign and traditional braces, effective Invisalign treatment-planning requires the clinician to be knowledgeable in both dentofacial orthopedics and the unique capabilities and limitations of the Invisalign system. As with traditional braces, the clinician, not a computer program, determines the progression of tooth movement and, therefore, ultimate outcome.
Dr. Lee is fully versed in the Invisalign modality and continues to participate in advanced seminars presented exclusively to orthodontists on the utilization of Invisalign’s evolving system. He looks forward to exploring with you the potential of Invisalign as a treatment modality, for yourself or your child, and prescribing the course of treatment that will result in a stable, healthy, and beautiful smile!
About Invisalign Clear Aligners
Your custom-made aligners will be made of Invisalign’s proprietary SmartTrack® material. They’re virtually invisible, so most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them during your teeth straightening.
Wear your Invisalign clear aligners 20 to 22 hours a day for the best results, and take them out only to eat, brush, and floss.
As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth will gently and gradually shift into place. We may recommend that you begin wearing a new set of aligners every 10-14 days as directed by Dr. Lee and schedule checkups every six weeks or so.
When your treatment is complete, ask us about a Vivera® retainer. Vivera retainers are custom-made using the same state-of-the-art technology as Invisalign clear aligners.
To learn more about the Invisalign system and all your orthodontic treatment options, please feel free to schedule an appointment at our office. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve a smile that’s made to move!
Start your Invisalign treatment today!
If Invisalign treatments sound like a good fit for you, contact the Concord, CA office office of Dr. Lee by calling the office or using the online booking feature. A straighter, more confident smile awaits you.We are happily accepting new patients in the East Bay area, including Concord, Pleasant Hill, Bay Point, Martinez, Walnut Creek, Pittsburg, Lafayette, Alamo, Benicia, Orinda, Danville, San Ramon, Hercules, Berkeley, and Oakland.
For more information on Invisalign, you can visit the Invisalign website.